sexta-feira, 8 de janeiro de 2010

Good friend x Friend that is Good

There is a great difference between a “good friend” and “a friend that is good.” All of us have friends, it is impossible for one to live alone. It is necessary to have someone to share your moments of happiness, of frustrations, of disappointments. Having someone in whom we can trust to talk about our problems, someone that have a word that will lifts us up in a moment of pain. The problem is that many times we are “friends that are good” and we cannot be a “good friend.” Why? A friend that is good will listen to you, agree with you in almost everything, even when you make mistakes or behave badly, she will be insecure to speak the truth, but in her head she says “You see, that’s why her life doesn’t change” and at the moment she listen to you, but in her head or even with others she judges you and without you realizing she says bad things about you. When you buy clothes and ask her for her opinion, the clothes may be horrible but she will always say you look pretty… she is never able to be sincere, she just speaks so just in case you need something, she will be available for you. But time passes and when you need her, she cannot be there for you, when you have a complaint against someone or something, instead of helping you look at it with good eyes, she put “more wood to the bonfire” that is, put more fire to the problem and feeds even more your bad eyes. So, these are the characteristics of a “friend that is good.” On the contrary, a “good friend” is she who is true. She listens to your frustrations, your sorrow, your disappointments, but her words always strengthen you, they pick you up. She always takes things to the good side and has good eyes in all situations. When you says something that was truly unthinkable or if you didn’t watch your words, she’ll say “no, it’s not that way,” her example teaches you and even when she doesn’t speak, she is talking to you. As time passes by, we learn a lot and we see that truly time is our teacher. I have learned a lot. I used to speak without thinking. It’s not that I was a bad person, but because of the lack of God in my life, the lack of communion with Him, the lack of sincerity of friends that we good, and because of lack of experience, I lost many times the opportunity to stay quiet and also of being a “good friend,” and I know that because of this, I stopped giving a good testimony of a woman of God, I stopped helping someone by my side and I know that in that time I was judged but not taught. Very few were “good friends,” that instead of judging me, they would teach me with example, with love, they corrected me, and with patience they showed me the true love of a friendship. It is much easier to judge someone than to teach them, easier to criticize than teach the truth, to stay quiet than to be honest and let time help that person. After a long time, only on God’s dependence, He taught me that we must always be sincere with our friends, to stop judging and help those that are by our side. Friendship is like the love of God for us, it is patient, loyal, true, helpful, it lends to others, it doesn’t judge, it teaches. Thank you to all my “good friends” that picked me up, helped me and taught me, but above everyone, my true friend is Jesus. He is who understand us, who has patience with us, who sees us with good eyes, with mercy and compassion. It is wonderful to learn on our own, but many falls could be avoided when we have and are “good friends” instead of being and having friends that are good. If it is so, we will avoid many problems in our life.
God bless!!!

2 comentários:

  1. You are very right! I was a friend that was good. Until I saw the pain and trouble my words were provoking. So I decided to be a good friend and even though some people became a bit annoyed or dissapointed when they heard the truth, they began to admire me and still come back to hear my opinion. Because they knew that it would help them rather than continue living some sort of lie. And that I learned from my mother who taught me to accept the truth and change my ways if I didn't like them. ^_^

    ResponderExcluir
  2. YES.. MY FRIEND.. THE WORDS SOMETIMES HURTS MORE THAN HELP EACH OTHER ..SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT TO BE SINCERE IS HURTS ..IT'S NOT LIKE THAT ... OUR FRIENDS NEED TO SEE IN US A PERSON THAT CAN HELP, NOT JUDGE THEM...GOD BLESS....

    ResponderExcluir

OBRIGADO PELO SEU COMENTARIO