domingo, 10 de janeiro de 2010

Who speaks sows and who listens reaps

Who speaks sows and who listens reaps

“But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man.” (Matt. 15:18)

A story that teaches us the importance of planting good seeds in the Garden of our Heart, so that we may not be an empty carriage.


One morning, my very wise father invited me to go for a walk in the woods. I accepted to go with much pleasure. He stopped at a chimney and after a short silence, he asked me: “Besides the birds’ singing, what else do you hear?” I stopped to listen carefully for a few seconds and answered: “I hear the noise of carriage.” He said: “Actually, an empty carriage.” So I asked him: “How do you know if the carriage is empty if we cannot see it?” He said: “It’s easy to know if the carriage is empty or not. The emptier the carriage is, the more noise it makes.”

Now, already as an adult, when I see a person speaking more than others, or treating another person with rude comments, or if the person is arrogant, of if he wants to show that he is the owner of the truth, I have the impression that I hear the voice of my father saying: The emptier the carriage is, the more noise it makes.”
Always remember that: who speaks sows and who listens reaps

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

OBRIGADO PELO SEU COMENTARIO